Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tribal Shorts + Stylish Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday Dolls! 

This weekend was truly one for the books. Dr. D threw a major graduation party in Orange County to celebrate his PhD and we all couldn't have been more proud. His family flew in from the East Coast and truly made the entire weekend all about him - as it should be! 
The weather in LA has been HOT, HOT, HOT y'all and frankly I'm not a fan of sweating to death the second I step outside so I live in shorts & tanks in the Summer. I bought these shorts for Dr. D's and my trip to Cabo back in April but never actually documented the outfit ... until now! 
The second I saw these tribal beauties at a boutique in Santa Monica I knew I had to have them. They're high waisted, which initially made me nervous, but I truly could live in these shorts all day long. The leather waist band adds a great subtle detail 
I paired it with my turquoise spike necklace and go to black cut out Aldo wedges. They may be 4 inches tall but they're seriously so comfortable you'd never even know! 
Tank: Ann Taylor // Shorts: LUSH // Necklace: Sage K & Co // Earrings: Versona // Bracelets: Lily & Laura // Ring: Steinmart // Wedges: Aldo

What's your favorite trend of the Summer?


Hosted by Life's A Party, Dress Like It & Lorna Mai
Life's A Party, Dress Like It (Follow on Bloglovin')       Lorna Mai

If you'd like to co-host Stylish Tuesday, please send an email to lifesapartydli@gmail.com!

This week's featured blogger is Simply Sabrina!
Isn't this midi dress darling? I'm completely smitten over the lace detailing on the top and cut out sides! Her cut out brown heels are the perfect brown contrast with the black dress and over-sized sunnies! I always love a good pop of color with a LBD and her green clutch is spot on!

If you'd like to be featured on next week's Stylish Tuesday, then simply follow the rules below: 

1. Please follow me via Bloglovin' or GFC and this week's co-host Lorna from Lorna Mai

2. Link up your favorite recent style post

Life's A Party Dress Like It



Linking up with Elena, More Pieces of Me/On The Daily Express, Style Elixir, Sew Crafty Angel, 101 Things I Love,

41 comments :

  1. You always put together the cutest Shorts' Outfits. Your legs are perfection also - so I think that helps. I love, love that new pair of Shorts and those gorgeous wedges, All your jewelry is beautiful too and so Summery. I almost bought that same necklace and now that you have it on, I love it even more. =)

    My pleasure to be the first one to comment and link up after the hosts. I too have on a pair of shorts today paired with my new Awesome Keds. Welcome by to see the Outfit.

    P.S. I am glad you and Dr. D enjoyed his special Graduation Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada, oh my word you have made my morning! I always think my legs look short and frumpy so that truly put a smile on my face! Thanks for the kind words about Dr. D!

      I got the necklace for a steal when it was on sassysteals.com and I believe it's actually back there now for a mere $5.99! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Cute little shorts! Lovely for the heat. How wonderful that you were able to celebrate your OH's amazing achievement in style! P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, they'll be in full rotation for Summer for sure!

      Delete
  3. Very cute shorts, and you are looking good in them! Thanks for hosting the link up!

    xoxo!
    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll and thanks for linking up every week! Loved your post on the rompers!

      Delete
  4. Cute cute cute shorts! It looks so hot there! I guess summer is here! :) Thanks for hosting the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the perks of living in So Cal is year round nice weather, but this past week was a dousey!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful printed shorts!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously love your wedges (the link doesn't work though).
    Such a cute outfit with those printed shorts.
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! I actually didn't link them, guess I should start doing that!

      Delete
  7. You look fab, love those vibrant tribal shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shorts, girl! Perfect with the pop of turquoise! And wedges are so great with shorts! So flattering! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great pair of shoes completely makes an outfit in my mind! Thanks for the sweet words babe!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations are in order to Dr. D and to you of course for always looking so adorable!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Rebecca! We definitely had a lot to celebrate yesterday!

      Delete
  10. Love the vibrant colors in your tribal print shorts! Shorts paired with wedges are the perfect summer look!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! They make you feel dressed up with a casual outfit!

      Delete
  11. Love the colors on these fun shorts! You wear them so well. The mint accessories are perfect. Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go, Dr. D! :)
    Super cute look, babe!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such fun shorts!! love the look! Thanks for hosting such a fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those shorts! Such a great print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tribal printed shorts!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those shorts! I can't say no to tribal anything. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm sure you're one proud girlfriend!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently jumped on the tribal band wagon and I have to say these shorts don't disappoint! I couldn't be more proud of my Dr. D! I was beaming from ear to ear last night as he got hooded!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  17. Ok totally love those shorts---the print is fantastic! And I love wedges for the fact that they can be so high, but still comfy :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fantastic? I immediately ran to the rack once I saw them! I completely agree about wedges too, my vertically challenged self can't handle too high of heels, but wedges aren't a problem!

      Delete
  18. This is such a chic look! I love your shorts!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those shorts! You look great! The blue necklace is the perfect accent to this outfit!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  20. The shorts are very attractive and have a nice bright color. The leather piping on the waist is a unique element that I rarely see.

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!