Tuesday, September 2, 2014

66th Emmys Reap + Stylish Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Dolls!

Welcome back! Thanks to everyone for sticking with me these last couple of weeks as I've gotten my life in order between work and Dr. D moving to Ohio! I actually just spent Labor Day weekend with Dr. D at his new place and I have to admit it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be; however, the 5 hour plane ride sucked royally. But that's for a later post.

But let's back things up a bit because I know y'all aren't as interested in my personal relationship as you are the Emmys! 

The week before the Primetime Emmys is the Creative Arts Awards & Governors Ball. Where the Primetime awards honor the actors, the Creative Arts honor all of the behind the scenes people (lighting, sound, etc.) The Governors Ball for this event is always a bigger party because how often does someone from lighting get honored with an Emmy? 

I had some extra tickets and took my roommate Meems and best guy friend Matt. This is us on the red carpet with the Emmy statuette in the background 
Meems and I at the end of the red carpet before entering Nokia Theatre
Dr. D and I at the Governors Ball 
He's just so handsome!
The four of us toasting to a wonderful awards season!

Fast forward a week and we've had press previews galore plus the red carpet rollout with Emmys host Seth Meyers. Our wines were getting a ton of press and I couldn't have been more pumped for the 66th Primetime Emmys! 
My girlfriend Kate did my hair for the big day and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out
I wore the same dress as I did to the Oscars - I didn't want this gorgeous gown to be a "one and done" dress. Unfortunately I was home alone before the event took place so I had to take a selfie to capture the full look. 
Back of the dress in front of our newly refurbished wine bar 

Hosted by Life's A Party, Dress Like It & Grace In Style
Life's A Party, Dress Like It (Follow on Bloglovin') Grace In Style (Follow on Bloglovin')

If you'd like to co-host Stylish Tuesday, please send an email to lifesapartydli@gmail.com!

If you'd like to be featured on next week's Stylish Tuesday, then simply follow the rules below: 

1. Please follow me via Bloglovin' or GFC and this week's co-host Grace In Style!

2. Link up your favorite recent style post
Life's A Party Dress Like It


29 comments :

  1. Welcome back :) Two beautiful events and you looked gorgeous both times!

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look stunning, and the hair and dress are perfect. That must have been so much fun! Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all are always so sweet! Thanks for stopping by - I can't wait to catch up on your posts!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Looks like so much fun! You look absolutely gorgeous in both of of your dresses!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked amazing at both events! Total glamazon. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how I've missed you Ashley! Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  5. It's so nice to have you back Paige and wow you're every inch a Hollywood star in your 2 outfits. More power to your & Dr. D!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're way too kind to me Ms. Rebecca! Thanks for the sweet words about Dr. D!

      Delete
  6. Love that gorgeous green gown you wore! Definitely worth wearing more than once. ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! It's just so stunning and I was really fortunate 1 Dress Co gave me a custom gown!

      Delete
  7. You looked gorgeous! I love you updo!!!

    xo,
    Janise
    www.MamaInHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janise, I loved how my hair turned out as well!

      Delete
  8. How fun! Your hair looked great! Love it!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I've been missing your blog, but am loving all of your Etsy ideas! So fun!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for this behind the scenes look into the Governors Ball. I ended up only watching the first half hour of the Emmys. I saw the Tina Fey kiss, lol. The awards seemed pretty predictable though.

    Anyway, hope you enjoyed your long weekend.
    www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, I didn't think the awards were all that special this year but partially because I'm not a huge Seth Meyers fan!

      Delete
  10. Yesss, I am glad you are back, looking more gorgeous than ever also. Love the pictures of you and your handsome man. Too bad he moved to Ohio. I love it every time you talk about your glamorous job. =)

    I had a little vacation on my own and just got back an hour ago. You are one of the first people I am linking up to and my first comment this week. I had to - I loved this post. Take a peek at my Fantastic Cobalt Dress. I know you love cobalt.

    Thanks <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lovely Ada! I missed you! So glad to hear you took some time off for yourself and you know I love a good cobalt ensemble! Can't wait to check yours out :)

      Delete
  11. so happy to have you back! you look so gorgeous in both dresses and I love that updo!
    xo Lindsay
    middleofsomewhereblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to be back! Thanks for the sweet words Lindsay, can't wait to catch up with your blog!

      Delete
  12. SOOOO lucky!! Thanks for sharing these great pictures of I'm sure an amazing night. I love the way you looked and the way you styled your hair. Beautiful job.

    Celebrating my blogs 2nd Anniversary.

    XO,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! Those parties looked like so much fun. You look great in that green dress!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous big night! I love how your hair turned out... Wow!! :)
    xox, Crystelle
    CrystelleBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omgsh you totally live the glamorous life!! LOVE seeing all these pics--and you look beyond stunning girl :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  16. You looked positively beautiful!! So jealous you were there!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  17. this blogs is perfect for so many sarees optionn it is a just a perfect collection.silks saree

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really appreciate the way you have posted the article. I am also searching for Boston Venues for my special wedding day where I can enjoy my wedding with my family and friends. Please recommend me some unique venues.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!